May 22, 2020｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
CMRT 6.01 and CRT 2.11 Available for Download
The Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) organization has released an updated Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) version: CMRT 6.01, and a new Cobalt Reporting Template (CRT) version: CRT 2.11.
CMRT and CRT forms are typically updated once per year by the RMI organization. The last CMRT update was version 5.12 in April 2019, and RMI anticipates the next version will be released in Spring 2021.
RMI recommends using version CMRT 5.01 or higher for 2019 declarations with SEC filing deadlines in May 2020, and CMRT 6.0 or above for 2020 declarations with SEC filing deadline in May 2021.
The major changes in CMRT 6.01 include:
- Corrections to all bugs and errors
- Update to ISO country, state and province lists
- Conformance to IPC-1755, which incorporated EU Conflict Minerals Regulation in the wordings of the following questions: Q 4 (newly added), Q H (formerly Q I), removal of former question C
- Updates to the Smelter Reference List and Standard Smelter List
- Added the support of EU Conflict Minerals Regulation in the Declaration sheet
Get Help with CMRT & CRT Collection and Conflict Minerals Compliance
GreenSoft can manage conflict minerals compliance for you as part of our Conflict Minerals data services or Turnkey Service. We provide CMRT and CRT gathering, validation, and review for your Reasonable Country of Origin Inquiries (RCOIs). We also offer Smelter or Refiner (SOR) Validation.
For customers already using GreenSoft’s Conflict Minerals data services or Turnkey Service, our data services team will prepare to start using CMRT 6.01 and CRT 2.11 for data collection going forward.