December 21, 2015｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
On December 17, five new substances were added to the REACH Annex XIV Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Candidate List, bringing the total number of SVHC substances to 168.
The inclusion of a substance in the SVHC Candidate List places legal obligations on companies using the substance. A list of the legal obligations can be found on the ECHA website.
The newly added substances are:
- Nitrobenzene (EC #202-716-0; CAS #98-95-3). Reason for inclusion: Toxic for reproduction (Article 57 c)
- 2,4-di-tert-butyl-6-(5- chlorobenzotriazol-2-yl)phenol (UV-327) (EC #223-383-8; CAS #3864-99-1). Reason for inclusion: vPvB (Article 57 e)
- 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4-(tertbutyl)-6-(sec-butyl)phenol (UV- 350) (EC #253-037-1; CAS # 36437-37-3). Reason for inclusion: vPvB (Article 57 e)
- 1,3-propanesultone (EC #214-317-9; CAS # 1120-71-4). Reason for inclusion: Carcinogenic (Article 57 a)
- Perfluorononan-1-oic-acid and its sodium and ammonium salts (EC #206-801-3; CAS #375-95-1 21049-39-8 4149-60-4). Reason for inclusion: Toxic for reproduction (Article 57 c) PBT (Article 57 d)