December 17, 2014｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
With the inclusion of the substances of the SVHC Candidate List, manufacturers and importers of products containing the substances now have six months from today to notify ECHA if they continue to use the substances.
The six newly added substances are:
- Cadmium fluoride
- Cadmium sulphate
- 2-benzotriazol-2-yl-4,6-di-tert-butylphenol (UV-320)
- 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4,6-ditertpentylphenol (UV-328)
- 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4,4-dioctyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate (DOTE)
- reaction mass of 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4,4-dioctyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate and 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4-[[2-[(2-ethylhexyl)oxy]-2-oxoethyl]thio]-4-octyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate (reaction mass of DOTE and MOTE)
Companies must notify ECHA by June 17, 2015, if they continued to use any of the substances and and meet both the following conditions:
- The substance is present in those articles in quantities totally over one ton per company per year, and
- The substance is present in those articles above a concentration of 0.1% weight by weight, unless exemptions apply.
More details on the substances and explanations for the inclusion of the substances on the SVHC Candidate list is available here.