February 19, 2014｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
On February 10, 2014, the ECHA proposed 5 new substances of very high concern (SVHCs) for authorization. The substances are:
- N,N-dimethylformamide (DMF), a solvent used for synthesis and production of coated textiles and synthetic fibres
- diazene-1,2-dicarboxamide (C,C’-azodi(formamide)) (ADCA), a blowing agent used in the rubber and plastics industry
- aluminosilicate refractory ceramic fibres (Al-RCF), used in insulation for high-temperature industries
- zirconia aluminosilicate refractory ceramic fibres (Zr-RCF)
- 4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)phenol, ethoxylated (4-tert-Octylphenol ethoxylates) (4-tert-OPnEO), used in paints and coatings products
You can read more about the proposal here.